WhatsApp Group Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now

40 year old woman electrocuted to death in Central Kashmir

Srinagar, May 30 (WD): In a tragic incident, a 40-year-old woman lost her life due to electrocution in the Chaar-e-Shareef area of Central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Thursday.

According to an official who spoke with the News Agency Wattan daily, the woman has been identified as Shakeela Banoo, the wife of Ab Rashid Baba, and a resident of Hafroo Batpora. The unfortunate event occurred at her residence when she received a severe electric shock.

Her family members, who found her in a semi-unconscious state, acted quickly and rushed her to the Primary Health Centre (PHC) in Hafroo Batpora. Despite their efforts to save her, the outcome was grim.

Upon arrival at the health center, doctors examined Shakeela Banoo but sadly declared her dead. The electric shock she suffered had proved to be fatal, leaving her family and the community in deep sorrow.

In the wake of this incident, the local police have taken cognizance and started an investigation to determine the circumstances surrounding her death. This investigation aims to uncover any potential negligence or faults in the electrical system of her home.

The tragic death of Shakeela Banoo has sent shockwaves through the community of Hafroo Batpora. Residents are mourning her loss and calling for a thorough investigation to prevent such incidents in the future.

Electrocution accidents highlight the critical importance of electrical safety in homes. This incident serves as a stark reminder of the potential dangers posed by faulty electrical systems and the need for regular safety checks.

As the investigation continues, there is a growing demand for improved safety measures and awareness programs to ensure that such tragic accidents do not recur, providing some solace to the grieving family and community.

Back to top button